Anytime you use your Manasquan Bank Debit Mastercard® for point-of-sale (POS) purchases, we’ll round up the total purchase to the nearest whole dollar and automatically deposit the difference into your designated checking or savings account.
SHRED DAYS 2021
October 04, 2021
We invite our customers, fellow community members and local businesses to each bring two file boxes or 50 lbs. of mixed office paper for us to shred.
How It Works
Bring your old printouts, files and documents, and we’ll shred them for you! Quick, secure, sustainable.
- Mixed office paper only (no magazines or newspapers).
- Shredded on site, while you watch.
- Limit: 2 file boxes or 50 lbs.
- 100% of materials will be recycled.
- Please also bring a non-perishable food donation for Fulfill NJ.
Why It Works
- Recycling paper might seem like a small act individually, but it can be a tremendously impactful initiative when we coordinate a Shred Day together. Consider the following:
- Recycling 1 ton of paper saves 17 trees, 7,000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, and 2 barrels of oil.
- The process of recycling paper generates 74% less air pollution and uses 50% less water than making paper from new materials.
- 40% of all landfill waste is paper. U.S. papermakers recycle enough paper daily to fill a 14-mile long train of boxcars.
- Roughly 22 million tons of paper went into landfills in 2017, down from 36 million tons a decade earlier. We’re doing great, but the job never stops!
2021 Shred Days: When & Where
- Saturday, April 17th, Landmark Place Branch (8:30a-Noon) Or Until Truck is Full
- Saturday, May 15th, Manahawkin (9:00a-Noon) Or Until Truck is Full
- Saturday, June 26th, Landmark Place (8:30-11am) Or Until Truck is Full Saturday,
- September 25th, Metuchen (9:00a-Noon) Or Until Truck is Full
We hope you’ll join!