At Manasquan Bank, our people are at the core of everything we do and we believe they are fundamental to our success. We fully invest in each and every employee, so they are better equipped and motivated to engage with our clients, whether it is face to face in our branches or digitally through our website. Join Manasquan Bank and help us in our longstanding commitment of providing exceptional and personalized service to our valued clients.
Manasquan Bank is looking for a SUCCESSION CANDIDATE to partner with our current Controller and succeed into the role upon the incumbent’s retirement from the organization.
Oversee the Accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives. Establishes, coordinates, and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the Bank. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of internal, external, and regulatory financial reporting. Reliable, dependable and maintains a high degree of flexibility. Relies on operational and strategic experience to plan and accomplish tasks. Performs a variety of high level and analytical tasks on an independent basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Accurately process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality customer service at all times. Preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files. Promote and cross-sell Bank products and services. Excellent customer service is paramount in the performance of a teller, who is the first line of contact with customers. Maintaining customer confidence and satisfaction through efficient, effective, accurate and courteous processing of transactions is critical to the image presented by the Bank.
Performs the day-day operations involved with technical project support and information technology related user/system support including, phone support, technical installations, technical requirements and distributed computer services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide personalized banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers. Responsible for a variety of duties relating to the opening and processing of new accounts; establishing and maintaining customer relationships; assess customer needs and effectively sell appropriate bank products and services. Other responsibilities include the accurate processing of routine financial transactions for banking customers, preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files while ensuring operational integrity and if currently registered with NMLS# accepting loan applications & closing loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Foster a relationship banking environment by successfully assessing customer needs and recommending/advising appropriate bank products and services.
· Opening new accounts business and personal and performing maintenance on existing accounts as requested, following established Bank policies and procedures.
· Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer satisfaction and retention and provide the highest level quality customer service.
· Facilitate customer satisfaction and retention by successfully researching and resolving customer issues and inquiries.
· Perform teller duties, including advanced and complex transactions, handling special requests and investigating discrepancies in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
· Ensure minimum proving differences and controllable losses. Escalate matters requiring further attention.
· Adhere to privacy and confidentiality policies when assisting customers in obtaining any account information.
· If currently registered with NMLS# assist prospective borrowers if; act as main point of contact for customers with the completion of loan applications and closing loans.
· Appropriately order and maintain vault cash. Prove vault cash daily. Assist with Armored Truck service ensuring standard operating and security procedures. Prepare cash in and out shipments.
· Prove daily journal transactions.
· Initiate and confirm wire transfers within policy guidelines.
· Reconcile ATM daily and assure proper equipment operation.
· Ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with established Bank procedures and regulations.
· Available to travel within the branch network as needed to ensure adequate branch coverage.
· Reconcile coin daily, ability to change coin bags, maintain cleanliness to ensure proper equipment operation.
· Daily use of Cash Recycler to include maintenance as needed and proof as designated.
· Other duties assigned by Retail Bank management.
· Exceptional inter-personal and customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening.
· Strong basic math skills.
· Working knowledge of banking software and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
· Working knowledge of bank products and services and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 2-3 years experience in a direct customer service capacity, preferably in a banking environment.
· Prior experience in sales capacity preferred.
· Prior teller experience preferred.
Looking to make a difference where you live and work? See what’s possible at Manasquan Bank!
At Manasquan Bank, we are committed to fostering work environment that provides employees with the tools to succeed and opportunities to shape their careers. Our best-in-class employee programs and transparent communication channels are just a few examples of why we want you to be apart of our CREW.
We recognize and reward our employees and support an environment of continuous growth. We encourage a healthy work life balance and promote the well being of our employees through various programs including a robust employee benefits package that is cost effective for all coverage levels!
Manasquan Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in fostering a diverse work atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For inquiries, please contact Manasquan Bank’s HR Department.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.
Jessica Tufts, IT Coordinator
Jessie began her career in banking in 2005 as a teller, gaining industry knowledge and experience. After taking a brief hiatus, she re-entered the banking industry in 2016 and joined Manasquan Bank as a Universal Banker. Shortly after, Jessie was promoted to Universal Banker Supervisor before moving into her current position in the Information Technology Department as the IT Coordinator.
Growing up in the shore community of Brielle, Jessie always knew about the Bank. She saw firsthand how deeply committed the Bank was to serve its local clients and the positive impact it made on the surrounding communities. As Jessie explains, “I am proud to be part of that now. It feels good to belong to an organization that functions the way we do, not only offering personalized service but also serving the community.”
Recently, Jessie completed a 40 hour training program through the National Institute for Business Continuity Management and successfully passed the required examination for skilled competency in Business Continuity Management. As a result of her training, she has earned the professional designation of Business Continuity Management Professional. This accreditation will further assist the Bank by helping to provide continuous protection from disruptions such as cyber events, natural disasters, or man-made events that can interrupt an entity’s operations. Jessie confirms, “I am looking forward to putting this new knowledge to use, and to continuing to learn and grow with the bank”.
Jessie enjoys spending time with her family, friends and two dogs, Myles and Luna. She practices yoga and is an avid reader, ending each day on her Kindle. During the summer, her favorite place to be is the beach.
Employees at Manasquan Bank are proud to be a part of an organization that helps their employees develop valuable skills needed to advance their careers and shape the future success of the Bank. Our family-like culture brings teams together where colleagues collaborate and are empowered to make decisions. From day one, we have been driven to always do the right thing which is reflected in our employees’ work and is the driving force behind the friendly, personalized experience that we seek to create for every client. We strive to not only serve our clients, but also serve our community, making it a better place for all of us to live, work and play.
Driven by Core Values
Our core values not only represent the foundation of our company, but guide us in everything we do.
We empower employees to work together with partners in the community and internal fellow teammates.
We are committed to provide high quality, diverse, flexible products and exceptional service for every client.
We encourage creativity and experimentation to implement new technology based solutions.
Relevance & Sustainability
We promote sustainable growth in order to provide extraordinary service through multiple delivery channels with relevant and innovative products.
Quote from James S. Vaccaro, Chairman, CEO & President
“Manasquan Bank’s workplace culture is the driving force behind the friendly, local experience we seek to create for every customer, To not only be included, but also ranked highly, among NJ’s top employers is a testament to how special our team truly is. It is of deep importance to us that our 160 team members and counting feel motivated, inspired and connected in Manasquan Bank’s mission of serving our local residents and communities.”
Manasquan Bank continues to grow and adds opportunities for professionals of all levels.
Please click here to view current open positions.