At Manasquan Bank, our people are at the core of everything we do and we believe they are fundamental to our success. We fully invest in each and every employee, so they are better equipped and motivated to engage with our clients, whether it is face to face in our branches or digitally through our website. Join Manasquan Bank and help us in our longstanding commitment of providing exceptional and personalized service to our valued clients.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures analyze new credit requests, renewals and loan reviews assigned by the Credit Manager. Develop and analyze credit information for CRE, C&I, construction and small business loans, prepare credit presentations for loan officers, loan committee and board. Prepares regulatory reporting information with regard to loans, orders proper documentation and searches and supports lenders with the analysis and administration of loans.
· Perform detailed financial analysis on business entities and interprets the financial information based on financial statements, tax returns and company prepared documents.
· Accounting, financing, traditional cash flow, UCA and property analysis knowledge.
· Perform credit, personal financial statement and personal cash flow analysis on individuals and guarantors in order to determine financial strength and credit enhancements based on financial statements, tax returns and reports.
· Prepare credit presentations for new approvals, renewals and reviews based upon financial analysis for presentations to loan officers, loan committee and board.
· Assist with presentations of loans to loan committee and board.
· Prepare and maintain accurate loan records, regulatory reporting information and necessary searches.
· Recommend specific loan structures to enhance credit quality.
· Accompany lenders on customer site visits and customer interviews.
· Maintain accurate knowledge of MB credit, practices and regulatory policies to assist bank in compliance.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work background and experience.
· Minimum one year credit analysis or equivalent financial analysis experience required.
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, tax returns, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis and projections.
· Strong background in commercial and small business underwriting and lending.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal direction.
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Working knowledge of all commercial products and services.
· Assist in monitoring construction loans.
· Proficient in various spreadsheet and Word processing applications
Spring Lake Heights
Accurately process routine financial transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality customer service at all times. Preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files. Promote and cross-sell Bank products and services. Excellent customer service is paramount in the performance of a teller, who is the first line of contact with customers. Maintaining customer confidence and satisfaction through efficient, effective, accurate and courteous processing of transactions is critical to the image presented by the Bank.
Performs the day-day operations involved with technical project support and information technology related user/system support including, phone support, technical installations, technical requirements and distributed computer services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide personalized banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers. Responsible for a variety of duties which include supervising the Universal Banker I and II operations, has responsibility for a portion of the branch operations and duties relating to the opening and processing of new accounts; establishing and maintaining customer relationships; assess customer needs and effectively sell appropriate bank products and services. Other responsibilities includes providing training to Universal Banking and Teller staff, conduct quarterly performance appraisals and the accurate processing of routine financial transactions for banking customers, preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files while ensuring operational integrity. If currently registered with NMLS# accepting loan applications and closing loans, provide notary services, signature guarantee and perform supervisory over-rides for UB and/or Teller transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Foster a relationship banking environment by successfully assessing customer needs and recommending/advising appropriate bank products and services.
· Opening new accounts business and personal and performing maintenance on existing accounts as requested, following established Bank policies and procedures, motivate UB I and UB II to meet/exceed performance goals.
· Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer satisfaction and retention and provide the highest level quality customer service.
· Facilitate customer satisfaction and retention by successfully researching and resolving customer issues and inquiries.
· Provide first level supervision to the Universal Bankers and Tellers ensuring that customers are serviced quickly and efficiently.
· Provide on-going coaching, counseling and UB/Teller development. Administer training as necessary and completion of quarterly performance standard measurement reports.
· Assist in locating cash differences, ensure minimum proving differences and controllable losses. Escalate matters to Retail Branch Management for further attention.
· Participate in the corrective action process for UB(s) and Tellers.
· Interview new UB and Teller candidates with the Retail Branch Manager.
· Responsible for maintaining set branch cash limit, at or below limit.
· Responsible for ensuring UB and Teller cash drawer limits are maintained and not over limit.
· Responsible for proper use of the reserve cash vault.
· Prove daily journal transactions.
· Perform teller duties, including advanced and complex transactions, handling special requests and investigating discrepancies in accordance with Bank policies and procedures ensuring customers are serviced quickly and efficiently.
· Ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with established Bank Regulations, policies and procedures including the Banks standard operating and security procedures are being adhered to with operational/security integrity.
· Adhere to privacy and confidentiality policies when assisting customers in obtaining any account information.
· If currently registered with NMLS# assist prospective borrowers; act as main point of contact for customers with the completion of loan applications, closing loans and prepare account loans.
· Appropriately order and maintain vault cash. Prove vault cash daily. Assist with Armored Truck service ensuring standard operating and security procedures. Prepare cash in and out shipments.
· Prove daily journal transactions.
· Initiate and confirm wire transfers within policy guidelines.
· Reconcile ATM daily and assure proper equipment operation.
· Available to travel within the branch network as needed to ensure adequate branch coverage.
· Reconcile coin machine daily, ability to change coin bags, maintain cleanliness to ensure proper equipment operation.
· Daily use of Cash Recycler to include maintenance as needed and proof as designated.
· Other duties assigned by Retail Bank management.
· Exceptional inter-personal and customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening.
· Strong basic math skills.
· Working knowledge of banking software and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
· Working knowledge of bank products and services and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 5+ years customer service experience in a banking or financial institution environment.
· Prior experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Prior teller experience required.
Looking to make a difference where you live and work? See what’s possible at Manasquan Bank!
At Manasquan Bank, we are committed to fostering work environment that provides employees with the tools to succeed and opportunities to shape their careers. Our best-in-class employee programs and transparent communication channels are just a few examples of why we want you to be apart of our CREW.
We recognize and reward our employees and support an environment of continuous growth. We encourage a healthy work life balance and promote the well being of our employees through various programs including a robust employee benefits package that is cost effective for all coverage levels!
Manasquan Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in fostering a diverse work atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For inquiries, please contact Manasquan Bank’s HR Department.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.
Natalie Valverde, Assistant Vice President, Commercial Loan Operations Supervisor
After joining the Bank in 2010 as a part time receptionist, Natalie then went on to join the Commercial Lending Department as Loan Assistant in 2012. In this role Natalie learned the many functions of the department and decided to further pursue a career in commercial lending. In 2014, Natalie was promoted to Junior Credit Analyst, where she developed an intensive credit analysis insight. Over the next few years Natalie continued on her progressive path and was promoted to Credit Analyst, Credit Analyst II, and then to Portfolio Manager. In 2019, Natalie accepted the position of Assistant Vice President, Commercial Loan Operations Supervisor, where she would be responsible for managing the servicing department. In addition to managing and coaching her team, Natalie also enjoys implementing new projects and procedures that assist in department transformation.
Natalie is passionate about providing superior client service, as mentioned, “we provide a personalized service for both consumers and small businesses that you don’t find at many other institutions. It is very rare to call a Bank and get a live person on the other end – at Manasquan Bank it is our mission to help our clients grow and thrive.”
A graduate of Post University, Natalie earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance with a concentration in Corporate Finance.
Outside of work, Natalie enjoys bike riding, cooking and spending time with her family and friends. Natalie and her husband recently announced that they are expecting their first child in April 2021!
Employees at Manasquan Bank are proud to be a part of an organization that helps their employees develop valuable skills needed to advance their careers and shape the future success of the Bank. Our family-like culture brings teams together where colleagues collaborate and are empowered to make decisions. From day one, we have been driven to always do the right thing which is reflected in our employees’ work and is the driving force behind the friendly, personalized experience that we seek to create for every client. We strive to not only serve our clients, but also serve our community, making it a better place for all of us to live, work and play.
Driven by Core Values
Our core values not only represent the foundation of our company, but guide us in everything we do.
We empower employees to work together with partners in the community and internal fellow teammates.
We are committed to provide high quality, diverse, flexible products and exceptional service for every client.
We encourage creativity and experimentation to implement new technology based solutions.
Relevance & Sustainability
We promote sustainable growth in order to provide extraordinary service through multiple delivery channels with relevant and innovative products.
Quote from James S. Vaccaro, Chairman, CEO & President
“Manasquan Bank’s workplace culture is the driving force behind the friendly, local experience we seek to create for every customer, To not only be included, but also ranked highly, among NJ’s top employers is a testament to how special our team truly is. It is of deep importance to us that our 160 team members and counting feel motivated, inspired and connected in Manasquan Bank’s mission of serving our local residents and communities.”
Manasquan Bank continues to grow and adds opportunities for professionals of all levels.
Please click here to view current open positions.