At Manasquan Bank, our people are at the core of everything we do and we believe they are fundamental to our success. We fully invest in each and every employee, so they are better equipped and motivated to engage with our clients, whether it is face to face in our branches or digitally through our website. Join Manasquan Bank and help us in our longstanding commitment of providing exceptional and personalized service to our valued clients.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and effective servicing/reviewing of the assigned commercial portfolio(s). Maintenance and servicing shall include new loan requests, renewals and reviews for customers within the assigned portfolio(s). The individual shall provide support to loan officers ensuring that customers are receiving service consistent with MB. Working in conjunction with loan officers the individual is key in performing proper maintenance with regard to MB credit policies and procedures in order to attain growth, reduce losses and improve overall customer satisfaction.
· Maintain and manage assigned commercial loan portfolio(s) with respect to the preparation of loan renewals, reviews and new loan requests from within the assigned portfolio.
· Accurately maintain ticklers system with respect to updated financial information and loan covenant testing.
· Perform detailed financial analysis on business entities and interpret financial information based upon supplied financial statements, tax returns and company prepared documents.
· Perform credit, personal financial statement and personal cash flow analysis on individual and guarantors in order to determine financial strength and credit enhancements based on financial statements, tax returns and reports.
· Accurately maintain loan risk ratings for loans within the assigned portfolio(s) in accordance with the bank’s policy and procedures.
· Inform appropriate loan officer, credit manager, and credit officer of potential risks associated with loan reviews and follow up to ensure compliance.
· Accompany lenders on customer site visits and customer interviews.
· Maintain accurate knowledge of MB credit, practices and regulatory policies to assist bank in compliance.
· Maintain and update watch list credits in the portolio(s).
· Assist lenders with customer contact, loan requests within the portfolio and the closing process.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work background and experience.
· Minimum of three years commercial lending or related experience.
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, tax returns, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis and projections.
· Strong background in commercial and small business underwriting and lending.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal direction.
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Working knowledge of all commercial products and services.
· Proficient in various spreadsheet and Word processing applications
Working under the leadership of the Compliance Officer, reviews internal controls and operations, including policies and procedures; ensuring that each control conform to proper Bank regulations. May also collaborate with other departments to perform duties.
General responsibilities relating to opening residential mortgage, home equity, and consumer loans.
Provide personalized banking services ensuring the highest level of quality service is provided to current and prospective customers. Responsible for a variety of duties relating to the opening and processing of new accounts; establishing and maintaining customer relationships; assess customer needs and effectively sell appropriate bank products and services. Other responsibilities include the accurate processing of routine financial transactions for banking customers, preparing and maintaining various reports, records and files while ensuring operational integrity and if currently registered with NMLS# accepting loan applications & closing loans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Foster a relationship banking environment by successfully assessing customer needs and recommending/advising appropriate bank products and services.
· Opening new accounts business and personal and performing maintenance on existing accounts as requested, following established Bank policies and procedures.
· Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer satisfaction and retention and provide the highest level quality customer service.
· Facilitate customer satisfaction and retention by successfully researching and resolving customer issues and inquiries.
· Perform teller duties, including advanced and complex transactions, handling special requests and investigating discrepancies in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
· Ensure minimum proving differences and controllable losses. Escalate matters requiring further attention.
· Adhere to privacy and confidentiality policies when assisting customers in obtaining any account information.
· If currently registered with NMLS# assist prospective borrowers if; act as main point of contact for customers with the completion of loan applications and closing loans.
· Appropriately order and maintain vault cash. Prove vault cash daily. Assist with Armored Truck service ensuring standard operating and security procedures. Prepare cash in and out shipments.
· Prove daily journal transactions.
· Initiate and confirm wire transfers within policy guidelines.
· Reconcile ATM daily and assure proper equipment operation.
· Ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with established Bank procedures and regulations.
· Available to travel within the branch network as needed to ensure adequate branch coverage.
· Reconcile coin daily, ability to change coin bags, maintain cleanliness to ensure proper equipment operation.
· Daily use of Cash Recycler to include maintenance as needed and proof as designated.
· Other duties assigned by Retail Bank management.
· Exceptional inter-personal and customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening.
· Strong basic math skills.
· Working knowledge of banking software and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
· Working knowledge of bank products and services and/or ability to be trained and quickly learn.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· 2-3 years experience in a direct customer service capacity, preferably in a banking environment.
· Prior experience in sales capacity preferred.
· Prior teller experience preferred.
Looking to make a difference where you live and work? See what’s possible at Manasquan Bank!
At Manasquan Bank, we are committed to fostering work environment that provides employees with the tools to succeed and opportunities to shape their careers. Our best-in-class employee programs and transparent communication channels are just a few examples of why we want you to be apart of our CREW.
We recognize and reward our employees and support an environment of continuous growth. We encourage a healthy work life balance and promote the well being of our employees through various programs including a robust employee benefits package that is cost effective for all coverage levels!
Manasquan Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in fostering a diverse work atmosphere. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For inquiries, please contact Manasquan Bank’s HR Department.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.
Nicholas Franza, Assistant Vice President, Credit Manager
A graduate of Rutgers University, Nick earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice. With intentions to pursue a career in law enforcement, it wasn’t until an unforeseen injury that led him to a career in banking. Preceding his employment at Manasquan Bank, Nick started his banking career in 2013 as a Teller at Amboy Bank. Within six months he was promoted to Head Teller, and again in 2014 as Credit Analyst. With his new-found passion for banking, Nick was eager to join a like-minded organization and in May of 2018, he accepted a position at Manasquan Bank as Credit Analyst. A year later, Nick was promoted to Senior Credit Analyst.
Based upon his solid understanding of the commercial credit underwriting process; Nick was again promoted in February of 2020 as Assistance Vice President, Credit Manager. In his new role, Nick is responsible for administrating the commercial lending credit granting process and managing the Credit Analyst team of six. Nick is an integral part of the commercial underwriting team and has demonstrated his analytical abilities with his attention to detail and complete credit understanding. In addition to his commercial credit knowledge, he has developed leadership qualities that are exemplary of Manasquan Bank’s core values.
During the past few months, Nick has been instrumental in facilitating the Bank’s SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). As he explains, “I was honored to lend a helping hand and assist our local businesses obtain financial relief through the PPP loans. I’ve had several clients reach out to let me know that we helped saved their business and that they are forever grateful for our assistance.”
Nick enjoys spending time with his daughter, Brynlee, and wife, Tracy. They recently moved to Brick and love living down the shore. In addition to spending time with his family, he enjoys playing on the Bank’s winter volleyball league.
Employees at Manasquan Bank are proud to be a part of an organization that helps their employees develop valuable skills needed to advance their careers and shape the future success of the Bank. Our family-like culture brings teams together where colleagues collaborate and are empowered to make decisions. From day one, we have been driven to always do the right thing which is reflected in our employees’ work and is the driving force behind the friendly, personalized experience that we seek to create for every client. We strive to not only serve our clients, but also serve our community, making it a better place for all of us to live, work and play.
Driven by Core Values
Our core values not only represent the foundation of our company, but guide us in everything we do.
We empower employees to work together with partners in the community and internal fellow teammates.
We are committed to provide high quality, diverse, flexible products and exceptional service for every client.
We encourage creativity and experimentation to implement new technology based solutions.
Relevance & Sustainability
We promote sustainable growth in order to provide extraordinary service through multiple delivery channels with relevant and innovative products.
Quote from James S. Vaccaro, Chairman, CEO & President
“Manasquan Bank’s workplace culture is the driving force behind the friendly, local experience we seek to create for every customer, To not only be included, but also ranked highly, among NJ’s top employers is a testament to how special our team truly is. It is of deep importance to us that our 160 team members and counting feel motivated, inspired and connected in Manasquan Bank’s mission of serving our local residents and communities.”
Manasquan Bank continues to grow and adds opportunities for professionals of all levels.
Please click here to view current open positions.